- A country’s naval strength, especially as a weapon of war.More example sentences
- Much of their explanation of the strategic utility of navies and of sea power is as valid today as it was a century ago.
- In that context, sea power is really only relevant to the extent that it influences events elsewhere.
- Britain owed its survival in this long struggle to its national determination to keep fighting, to its financial strength and to its sea power.
More definitions of sea powerDefinition of sea power in:
- The British & World English dictionary