Definition of sea squirt in English:
A marine tunicate that has a baglike body with orifices through which water flows into and out of a central pharynx.
- Class Ascidiacea, subphylum Urochordata
- The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make it its home for life.
- Because, in all honesty, the sea squirt doesn't really eat its own brain - it consumes and reuses its nervous system for new purposes.
- The question we need to ask is how the sea squirt got here.
Definition of sea squirt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.