- (Of a spoon) having a flat design resembling an embossed seal at the end of its handle.More example sentences
- I have two seal top spoons one has the the hallmarks for London 1609 and the maker's mark for Daniel Carey.
- The majority of seal-top spoons date from the seventeenth century and are heavier than the sixteenth century ones.
- The ‘Seal top spoon’ has the design of the Tudor Rose on the end of the handle.
nounBack to top
More definitions of seal-topDefinition of seal-top in:
- The British & World English dictionary