Definition of sealcoating in English:
The application of a sealing coat to a paved surface in order to prolong its integrity.
- During the sealcoating process pea gravel is embedded in an oil emulsion to create the new wearing surface.
- If the man at your door doesn't have a tank that's actively mixing the sealcoating material, send him on his way.
- To understand how sealcoating works, it is necessary to understand the nature of the asphalt pavement itself.
- Example sentences
- He stated that the parking lot was asphalt and a few years ago they sealcoated it.
- How long until I can drive on my driveway which was sealcoated today?
- Our lot was sealcoated last year, is in good shape, but doesn't have the real bright look like it did when it was first sealed.