adjective (seamier, seamiest)
Sordid and disreputable: a seamy sex scandal
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, I do not see sex between consenting adults as seamy, sleazy or even necessarily steamy.
- To me, the deepest feeling I have about this field is that it is a bitter experience to see the seamy side of life.
- Yes, that's the thing that disturbs me, because there are so many people who apparently want to hear the seamy side of life about people who are in trouble.
- More example sentences
- The poet stitches his epic out of speech's defects, not its seemlinesses or even its seaminess.
- Pine's saxwork has the seaminess necessary for a private dick of dubious past.