Definition of searching in English:
Thoroughly scrutinizing, especially in a disconcerting way: you have to ask yourselves some searching questions
More example sentences
- Few tracks offer a most searching examination of a thoroughbred's ability, and potential.
- That in turn begs searching questions about future investment and growth.
- It was a searching question which he repeated four minutes later, when the same combination produced an identical result.
- Example sentences
- Rina looked hard and searchingly at me, but finally she sighed.
- We must always question, honestly and searchingly, the wisdom of any war.
- Nor is the symbolism explored as searchingly as it might be.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia