- 1Extremely hot or intense: the searing heat of the sun a searing painMore example sentences
- Solstice's gaze drifted as the searing pain intensified.
- Another one exploded near the side of the ship, sending searing heat and intense reddish-light across the area.
- She stamped her foot, just to be certain, instantly feeling the searing pain and heat shooting through her leg…
- 1.1Severely critical: a searing indictment of the government’s performanceMore example sentences
- The Truth About Drug Companies, by Dr Marcia Angell, is a searing indictment of an industry that has a cynical contempt for consumers.
- It's a searing indictment of a political elite which can champion Britpop and a return to 1960s cool on the one hand without realising the implications.
- In this searing indictment, he argues that the law lord's findings clearly contradict the evidence he heard.