- 1The seats with which a building or room is provided: the restaurant has seating for 80More example sentences
- But when we finally made it, we found ourselves in a lodge-like wood-panelled room offering seating for about 50 diners.
- The only seating in the main room of the basement was a single back support pillow, so we took seats on the floor.
- As limited seating is available, booking is essential.
- 2An act or time of providing seats, especially at a restaurant or performance venue: lunch seatings are from 11 am to 12:30 pm onlyMore example sentences
- Even the seating of McCain, widely regarded as an outspoken maverick Republican, does little to establish the credibility of the panel.
- In 1964, Democrats debated the seating of segregated state delegations.
- Generally, meals on a Nile cruise are served at a specific time, with all passengers being served at a single seating.