1Relating to oil or fat.
- The mass was excised and was characterized histologically as another proliferative cystic sebaceous tumor.
- Their sebaceous differentiation is confirmed by epithelial membrane antigen expression.
- They are made up predominantly of ectodermal components (hair, calcifications, sebaceous material) and have a large cystic component.
1.1Relating to a sebaceous gland or its secretion.
- Cutaneous glands include the sebaceous, sweat, lacrimal, and mammary glands.
- Sebaceous glands develop at puberty in response to androgen stimulation and are attached to the follicle canal by sebaceous ducts.
- Doxycycline is a tetracycline derivative that exhibits excellent penetration into follicles and sebaceous glands.
Words that rhyme with sebaceousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of sebaceous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.