- A small gland in the skin which secretes a lubricating oily matter (sebum) into the hair follicles to lubricate the skin and hair.More example sentences
- If no hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands are left, then that skin is not going to heal without a graft.
- Sebaceous nevus is a congenital lesion made up of excessive sebaceous glands and malformed hair follicles.
- Radiation inhibits mitotic activity in the germinal cells of the epidermis, hair follicles, and sebaceous glands.
More definitions of sebaceous glandDefinition of sebaceous gland in:
- The British & World English dictionary