noun(the second Adam)
- (In Christian thought) Jesus Christ.More example sentences
- The family resemblance is unmistakable, except that Adam and Eve are aged and Christ, the second Adam, is eternally young.
- Jesus, the second Adam, became one like us in all things except sin.
- The first man Adam was a living soul, the second Adam a living giving spirit ’.
with biblical allusion to 1 Cor. 15: 45–47.
More definitions of second AdamDefinition of second Adam in:
- The British & World English dictionary