- A further ballot held to confirm the selection of a candidate where a previous ballot did not yield an absolute majority.More example sentences
- If Davis is recalled, the candidate receiving the most votes in the second ballot will be installed immediately as governor.
- These were won by the leader of the opposition, Albert Zafy, with almost two-thirds of the vote in the second ballot.
- For the first time in Senegal's history the elections were forced to a second ballot, as Diouf failed to obtain a vote of over 50 percent.
More definitions of second ballotDefinition of second ballot in:
- The British & World English dictionary