Definition of second-generation in English:
1Denoting the offspring of parents who have immigrated to a particular country: she was a second-generation American
More example sentences
- This is the kind of election our Founding Fathers and their first-and second-generation sons actually ran from Adams to Lincoln.
- Many of these new citizens are second-generation immigrants whose parents came from the country's former North African colonies.
- What role will the racial hierarchy in the United States play in structuring the outcomes of their second-generation children?
2Of a more advanced stage of technology than previous models or systems.
- Most of the advanced second-generation digital cellular systems reserve a channel intended for voice transmission when making data connections.
- Since it is packet-based it uses wireless spectrum more efficiently than first- or second-generation systems.
- If second-generation systems can meet these criteria, businesses will be eager to evolve commerce to e-commerce.
Definition of second-generation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan