Definition of second-generation in English:
1Denoting the offspring of parents who have immigrated to a particular country: she was a second-generation American
More example sentences
- This is the kind of election our Founding Fathers and their first-and second-generation sons actually ran from Adams to Lincoln.
- Many of these new citizens are second-generation immigrants whose parents came from the country's former North African colonies.
- What role will the racial hierarchy in the United States play in structuring the outcomes of their second-generation children?
2Of a more advanced stage of technology than previous models or systems.
- Most of the advanced second-generation digital cellular systems reserve a channel intended for voice transmission when making data connections.
- Since it is packet-based it uses wireless spectrum more efficiently than first- or second-generation systems.
- If second-generation systems can meet these criteria, businesses will be eager to evolve commerce to e-commerce.
Definition of second-generation in:
- British & World English dictionary