- 1Woodland growth that replaces harvested or burned virgin forest: [as modifier]: a thicket of second-growth Ponderosa pine and Douglas firMore example sentences
- Our study indicates that dispersal of longleaf pine seeds is greater than prior estimates based on field measurements from second growth forests.
- Thus, in our study area second growth hardwood forest fragments tend to be both fairly old and largely undisturbed until their complete demise.
- The future of 7,500-hectares of 80-year-old second growth forest in Maple Ridge is in question.
- 2A wine considered to be the second-best in quality compared to the first growth (or premier cru): [as modifier]: a second-growth wine was added as a bonus for the groupMore example sentences
- Chx Gruaud-Larose and Ducru-Beaucaillou are the other two St-Julien second growths, and produce two of the Médoc's finest wines in most vintages.
- Instead, however, it can boast five superb second growths, two excellent third growths, four well-maintained fourth growths, and, from the 1980s at least, an unrivalled consistency in wine-making skill.