- A second presentation of a bill to a legislative assembly, in the US to debate committee reports and in the UK to approve the bill’s general principles.More example sentences
- The most important of these are the second reading, the Committee stage, and the report stage.
- The Government Bill which proposes this legislation will have its second reading in Parliament in January.
- I have much pleasure in participating in this debate on the second reading of this bill.
More definitions of second readingDefinition of second reading in:
- The British & World English dictionary