- Industry that converts the raw materials provided by primary industry into commodities and products for the consumer; manufacturing industry.More example sentences
- World wool prices had fallen, as had produce prices, the diamond market had fallen and secondary industry was depressed.
- If the primary industries are doing fine, that will be a stage for secondary industries to achieve growth.
- Primary and secondary industries depended upon government-funded services, infrastructure, and immigration.
More definitions of secondary industryDefinition of secondary industry in:
- The British & World English dictionary