- The further treatment of sewage effluent by biological methods following sedimentation.More example sentences
- Most treatment plants also have secondary treatment, whereby sewage is stirred and oxygen is blown in to help beneficial bacteria breed and eat up the ‘solids.’
- Ecosystem damage and fish toxicity occurred downstream from mills that did not use chlorine, even in advanced mills with secondary treatment processes.
- This waiver allows for less than full secondary treatment of the sewage being discharged into the ocean off Huntington Beach.
More definitions of secondary treatmentDefinition of secondary treatment in:
- The British & World English dictionary