noun (plural secondi /-dē/)Music
- The second or lower part in a duet.More example sentences
- Far from the old-style duet where the secondo is merely playing backup for the primo, this duet features a wonderful dialogue between the parts.
- The Miniatures are inventive, charming pieces with colorful harmonic writing in the secondo part, imaginative rhythmic devices and surprising turns of phrases.
- Famed duet team Weekley and Arganbright have arranged each piece so the primo part is easier than the secondo, frequently with the primo part spanning only five notes in five-finger positions.
More definitions of secondoDefinition of secondo in:
- The British & World English dictionary