- A slender, long-legged African bird of prey that feeds on snakes, having a crest likened to a quill pen stuck behind the ear.
More example sentences
- Sagittarius serpentarius, the only member of the family Sagittariidae
- Or witness Annie Martin, killing kittens and feeding them to a secretary bird on her ostrich farm in South Africa.
- We stopped and scanned the horizon with binoculars, spotting a family of warthogs and a secretary bird.
- The birds are also in plenty: secretary birds, cranes, stork, vultures and ostriches.
More definitions of secretary birdDefinition of secretary bird in:
- The British & World English dictionary