Definition of secretary bird in English:
A slender, long-legged African bird of prey that feeds on snakes, having a crest likened to a quill pen stuck behind the ear.
- Sagittarius serpentarius, the only member of the family Sagittariidae
- Or witness Annie Martin, killing kittens and feeding them to a secretary bird on her ostrich farm in South Africa.
- We stopped and scanned the horizon with binoculars, spotting a family of warthogs and a secretary bird.
- The birds are also in plenty: secretary birds, cranes, stork, vultures and ostriches.
Definition of secretary bird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan