noun (plural secretaries general)
- A title given to the principal administrator of some organizations, most notably the United Nations.More example sentences
- In January 1996 he was appointed commissioner of the Inter national Police Task Force by the Secretary General of the UN.
- Desai was the Secretary General of the World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg last year.
- Up to five billion dispossessed and poor saw little or nothing of their wealth, said the Secretary General.
More definitions of secretary generalDefinition of secretary general in:
- The British & World English dictionary