- A hormone released into the bloodstream by the duodenum (especially in response to acidity) to stimulate secretion by the liver and pancreas.More example sentences
- The duodenum is important in the secretion of a number of hormones, including secretin, cholecystokinin, and enteroglucagon.
- The hormone secretin has been tried as a treatment for autism.
- Several months later we learned about gluten- and casein-free diets, secretin, and intravenous immunoglobulin therapy.
More definitions of secretinDefinition of secretin in:
- The British & World English dictionary