Humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.
More example sentences
- Second, secular humanism promotes the belief that, while religion is to be respected, we are fast growing out of it.
- This return of religion threatens secular humanism, the orthodoxy that has prevailed since the French Revolution.
- Let us refuse secular religion and State because secular humanism is the tool of the devil in the world.
- More example sentences
- Not anti-modernist insecurity but suburban prosperity fueled their rage at Communists, one-worlders, and secular humanists.
- For different reasons, secular humanists and fundamentalists alike can revel in the foibles of idle, affluent housewives.
- In contrast, secular humanists believe that the growth of knowledge can somehow make humans more rational.
Definition of secular humanism in:
- The British & World English dictionary