Definition of secular humanism in English:
Humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.
- Second, secular humanism promotes the belief that, while religion is to be respected, we are fast growing out of it.
- This return of religion threatens secular humanism, the orthodoxy that has prevailed since the French Revolution.
- Let us refuse secular religion and State because secular humanism is the tool of the devil in the world.
secular humanist noun
- Example sentences
- Not anti-modernist insecurity but suburban prosperity fueled their rage at Communists, one-worlders, and secular humanists.
- For different reasons, secular humanists and fundamentalists alike can revel in the foibles of idle, affluent housewives.
- In contrast, secular humanists believe that the growth of knowledge can somehow make humans more rational.
Definition of secular humanism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan