Definition of sedge in English:
A grasslike plant with triangular stems and inconspicuous flowers, growing typically in wet ground. Sedges are widely distributed throughout temperate and cold regions.
- Family Cyperaceae: Carex and other genera
- Grasses, sedges and bamboos are grown mostly for their foliage and anything that enhances that effect is worth having.
- Mallards are omnivorous, eating seeds, stems, and roots from a variety of aquatic plants, especially sedges, grasses, pondweeds, and smartweeds.
- Also present are bog asphodel, deer grass and sedges such as slender sedge and bog sedge.
Words that rhyme with sedgeallege, dredge, edge, fledge, hedge, kedge, ledge, pledge, reg, sledge, veg, wedge
Definition of sedge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.