- A widely distributed fleshy-leaved plant with small star-shaped yellow, pink, or white flowers, grown as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Genus Sedum, family Crassulaceae: many species, including the stonecrops
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of perennials, including campanulas, daylilies, hostas, peonies, sedums, and Shasta daisies.
- When new leaves appear, divide dumps of asters, bellflowers, chrysanthemums, daylilies, sedums, Shasta daisies, and yarrow.
- They feature specimens from three unthirsty groups of plants - sedums, sempervivums, and yuccas - all of which display handsome foliage year-round, with a bonus of seasonal bloom.
from modern Latin, denoting a houseleek.
More definitions of sedumDefinition of sedum in:
- The British & World English dictionary