- A potato that is planted and used for the production of seeds.More example sentences
- It is primarily introduced by the planting of infected seed potato or by planting in ground after an outbreak has occurred where volunteer potatoes may still persist.
- Potato plants are started from small tubers called seed potatoes.
- You will, however, have to do some digging: once to plant the seed potatoes; once to earth them up to prevent the new tubers growing on the surface and becoming poisonously green; and once to lift the resultant crop.
More definitions of seed potatoDefinition of seed potato in:
- The British & World English dictionary