Definition of seeing in English:
Because; since: seeing as Stuart’s an old friend, I thought I might help him out
More example sentences
- I can refer to you by whatever offensive terminology I like without defaming you, seeing as you're a person of public interest.
- He probably feels like he needs to help you, seeing as London is full of crazed taxi drivers.
- It is only natural especially seeing as Argentina was kind enough to accept as many Irish people as possible in the 19th century.
nounBack to top
1The action of seeing someone or something.
- Then the audience takes note of what that means, the act of seeing.
1.1 Astronomy The quality of observed images as determined by atmospheric conditions.
seeing is believing
- proverb You need to see something before you can accept that it really exists or occurs.Example sentences
- There were some people who had given up on it, but now seeing is believing.
- I've seen the newspaper story and photo and seeing is believing.
- If seeing is believing, this one sure did prove the line right.
Definition of seeing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.