Because; since: seeing as Stuart’s an old friend, I thought I might help him out
More example sentences
- I can refer to you by whatever offensive terminology I like without defaming you, seeing as you're a person of public interest.
- He probably feels like he needs to help you, seeing as London is full of crazed taxi drivers.
- It is only natural especially seeing as Argentina was kind enough to accept as many Irish people as possible in the 19th century.
nounBack to top
seeing is believing
- proverb You need to see something before you can accept that it really exists or occurs.More example sentences
- There were some people who had given up on it, but now seeing is believing.
- I've seen the newspaper story and photo and seeing is believing.
- If seeing is believing, this one sure did prove the line right.
Definition of seeing in:
- The British & World English dictionary