noun[often as modifier]
- The style of Italian art and literature of the 17th century: Florentine seicento paintingMore example sentences
- With the neo-Venetian revival of the early seicento, artists and critics participated in various ways in the reinvigoration of Venetian style.
- This is hardly a fair summary of the Italian seicento but it is the standard Protestant idea of Counter-Reformation Italy in his day and later.
- Boschi, who trained with Passignano in the late 1580s, is known today principally to specialists, but he enjoyed a considerable degree of popularity in the early seicento.
Italian, '600', shortened from mille seicento '1600', used with reference to the years 1600–99.
More definitions of seicentoDefinition of seicento in:
- The British & World English dictionary