- The velocity of propagation of elastic waves in a particular rock.More example sentences
- Many factors, such as porosity, pressure, and temperature, affect the seismic velocity of a particular rock.
- The refraction data will allow us to measure the seismic velocity within the deep structure to determine the boundary between the higher-velocity rock of the crust, from lower-velocity sediments.
- By factoring in when and where specific earthquakes occurred, the data can be used to create a map of seismic velocity, akin to a medical tomogram.
More definitions of seismic velocityDefinition of seismic velocity in:
- The British & World English dictionary