Definition of self-absorption in English:
1Preoccupation with one’s own emotions, interests, or situation.
- Therapism celebrates emotional self-absorption and the sharing of feelings.
- The Church has lost a sense of mission, turning inwards in self-absorption, anxious to protect itself, forgetting that it is no more than a means to an end, the end being the Kingdom of God.
- With or without leadership contests, the conference season brings out the narcissism and self-absorption of politicians to a degree the public can only find repellent.
- Example sentences
- Saying this man was selfish and self-absorbed would be a gross understatement.
- You know I can often be self-pitying, self-absorbed and downright selfish?
- I'm becoming so shut off I can't even be egocentric and self-absorbed anymore.
Definition of self-absorption in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan