Definition of self-adjusting in English:
(Chiefly of machinery) adjusting itself to meet varying requirements.
- Economic profits and prudent lending were, in conjunction, self-adjusting mechanisms, not repealing the business cycle but at least suppressing boom and bust dynamics.
- In such a model, given some flexibility of prices and money wages, the self-adjusting mechanism would return the economy to full employment after a demand shock that was not too large.
- Its levels are homeostatically maintained inside the living cell, where the self-adjusting mechanisms for maintaining GSH are numerous.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, the system has all appearances of the mythical free-floating free-market system imbued with market discipline and self-adjustment.
- A functional pricing mechanism would tend toward self-adjustment, limiting imbalances rather than augmenting them.
- You know, under a gold standard there's a lot of self-adjustment.
Words that rhyme with self-adjustingdisgusting, trusting
Definition of self-adjusting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan