- (Of an action or policy) unable, because of its inherent qualities, to achieve the end it is designed to bring about.More example sentences
- It seems to me that the idea is rather self-defeating.
- Seldom will so much hot air have been expended by so many for such a meanly self-serving and self-defeating result.
- Rather than being self-defeating, successful players are their own best friends.
More definitions of self-defeatingDefinition of self-defeating in:
- The British & World English dictionary