Definition of self-examination in English:
1The study of one’s own behavior and motivations: a period of considerable self-doubt and self-examination
More example sentences
- After a period of thoughtful self-examination, I've arrived at a few uncomfortable realizations.
- The study surveyed students about their self-examination of thoughts and self-correction of practices between speeches in an oral communication course.
- It is a day devoted to atonement, introspection and self-examination.
1.1The action of examining one’s own body for signs of illness.
- There is no direct evidence that screening by only self-examination or clinical examination is beneficial.
- With statistics like these, it is imperative that nurses educate their patients regarding cancer prevention, self-examination, early warning signs, and actions to take.
- Many cancers of the oral cavity and oropharynx can be found early, during routine screening examinations by a doctor or dentist, or by self-examination.
Definition of self-examination in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan