- Exaltation of oneself and one’s abilities: they fought not merely for self-glorification but for the common goodMore example sentences
- There was no nonsense in that briefing, no self-glorification - just an appreciation of what American soldiers can achieve and a determination to do everything possible to help them.
- I have also been a councillor, school governor and a member of various committees, all things I was asked to do rather than seeking influence over other people's lives for some kind of self-glorification.
- He realises that self-denial can all too easily become self-glorification, but he is oddly blind to the hedonistic streak in epistemological narratives of extinguishing the self for the sake of fact.
More definitions of self-glorificationDefinition of self-glorification in:
- The British & World English dictionary