Definition of self-indulgence in English:
1The quality of being self-indulgent.
- Thirty years ago Aron worried about a kind of hedonistic self-indulgence characteristic of decadent societies.
- It's a distended medley of uproars, asinine taunts, genuine skill, charm, and self-indulgence.
- The cast approaches the material with relish and Polanski prevents broad characterisations and self-indulgence amongst his actors.
1.1Something done in a self-indulgent way: Sunday’s simpleminded pleasures and self-indulgences
More example sentences
- With our junk food, lack of exercise, self-indulgences and self-imposed stress, many of our old folk will outlive their sons, daughters and even grandchildren.
- Well, I have to snap out of all sorts of self-indulgences today.
- He is also forbidden the self-indulgences of most monarchs including the acquisition of large harems of wives, stocks of silver and gold, or large stables of horses for military adventures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan