Definition of self-involved in English:
Wrapped up in oneself or one’s own thoughts.
- Seriously, I am self-involved enough at this point to be quite sure that we are entertaining all those boats and all those people in the gardens.
- Most people are so focused on their careers these days and so self-involved.
- The writer's protagonists dramatize this possibility: they are self-involved, troubled dreamers wielding therapeutic scalpels on themselves.
- Example sentences
- Her speechifying was made fun of, and her black and white, self-righteous attitude grew out of her own long-running self-involvement; it was very obviously intended as a character flaw.
- Paranoid and timid where the other is swollen with self-involvement, its principle preoccupation is with questions that are larger and darker than simple romantic misfortune.
- When I think of your photography I don't perceive too much self-involvement or self-portraits.
Definition of self-involved in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan