Definition of self-knowledge in English:
Understanding of oneself or one’s own motives or character.
- It is crucial to differentiate the phenomenon of self-awareness from discrete pieces of self-knowledge.
- It was the best thing I ever did, apart from quitting smoking, and it gave me so much self-knowledge.
- To me, self-knowledge equals freedom, and I believe that the key to all of this is freedom.
- Example sentences
- It helps that the lyrics included with Greatest Hits finally help explicate the song as more of a self-knowing lament about immaturity, rather than a tribute to it as I always thought.
- In a very self-knowing way it parodies some of the elements of ‘traditional’ anime, and finds a way to spin it all out into a new blend of an unidentifiable genre.
- You can recognize self-knowing original wakefulness and arrive in the natural state, genuinely and authentically.
Definition of self-knowledge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan