Definition of self-limiting in English:
1Relating to or denoting something that limits itself, in particular.
- The reason that the minimum wage is problematic is that it is also self-limiting, only because companies can't pay employees less than the minimum wage, what generally gets limited is the number of jobs.
- Instead of being self-limiting, the old-style colloquial schoolboy language used gives an intensity of expression in a simple and precise way.
- Press baron demagoguery, however unfair, reflected the biases and passions of specific men, and was thus self-limiting.
1.1 (also self-limited) Medicine (Of a condition) ultimately resolving itself without treatment.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome is a self-limiting condition once the offending agent has been discontinued.
- No one explained to them the scientific and practical gains that might come from knowing more about the self-limiting and self-correcting nature of syphilis so as to be able to evaluate the power of early therapeutic interventions.
- A spokesperson said the virus seemed to be self-limiting and the student suspected of having meningitis underwent the full range of laboratory tests for the illness.
Definition of self-limiting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan