Definition of self-love in English:
Regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).
- We should not conclude that pity or other instinctual affections, or even rational self-love, are bad.
- He takes it for granted that self-love is properly condemned whenever it can be shown to be harmful to the community.
- Attempts have been made to subordinate sympathy to self-love, but they appear to me perverse.
- Example sentences
- The most self-loving thing you can do is refuse to participate in your husband's self-destructive behavior.
Definition of self-love in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.