- 1Having become successful or rich by one’s own efforts: a self-made millionaireMore example sentences
- He was a very successful man, a self-made man, and I loved him very much, and he was very insistent that I follow or try to follow in his footsteps.
- Stanley was a self-made man who raised himself from poverty to success through his technical skills.
- He's in construction, but he is a self-made man.
- 1.1Made by oneself: his self-made fortune a self-made kiteMore example sentences
- A typical resident of the floating apartment ship is aged between 50 and 60 with a self-made fortune.
- He flees to an abandoned lighthouse with the hopes of starting over, creating his own self-made, independent, and organic society.
- An autopoietic system is basically a self-made and self-sustaining ensemble.
More definitions of self-madeDefinition of self-made in:
- The British & World English dictionary