- 1Management of or by oneself; the taking of responsibility for one’s own behavior and well-being.More example sentences
- Parental supervision is needed for young children, but progressive responsibility for self-management is given with advancing maturity.
- Performance management is central to self-management.
- The course students attended introduced the concepts of health promotion, lifestyle behaviors, self-management, and other general health and wellness information.
- 1.1The distribution of political control to individual regions of a state, especially as a form of socialism practiced by its own members.More example sentences
- Having broken with the Soviet Union in 1948, Yugoslavia introduced a milder version of socialism that was based on common ownership and self-management.
- In the aftermath of assimilation, and then integration, self-determination and self-management became the central terms of policy.
- More example sentences
- As educators we need to recognise that the world for young people has altered dramatically and that schooling also must change to develop self-managing individuals.
- Functioning more as self-managing enterprises than pure public utilities, the water plants no longer receive direct government subsidies.
- I can see the blogosphere as a big online community/message board that is made up of self-managing interest groups.
More definitions of self-managementDefinition of self-management in:
- The British & World English dictionary