Mocking oneself: a wry, self-mocking smile
More example sentences
- He came off the course a little after noon, all philosophical smiles and self-mocking humour.
- She stood somewhat shakily and took two slow, dragging steps before sitting down heavily once more with a self-mocking smile.
- The score and the lyrics have something of Sondheim's sophisticated, sceptical humour, and the three actor-singers handle them with agile, self-effacing, sometimes self-mocking skill.
- More example sentences
- Since he's almost invariably in considerably worse physical condition than the person who did the original trip, there's a large element of self-mockery which works quite well.
- Each day of our trip (with a hint of self-mockery, to his credit) he would test-run another item, be it a slick neoprene jacket or a water-dispensing backpack.
- He will also punctually attend early morning classes where they teach self-mockery, and throughout the day, he will try to implement the techniques he has learned.
Definition of self-mocking in:
- The British & World English dictionary