Definition of self-motion in English:
Movement caused by oneself or itself, not by an external action or agent.
- Vection illusion is the sensation of self-motion induced by relative movement of viewed objects.
- Third, although space and time are infinite, matter is spatio-temporally finite, and being endowed only with vis inertiae it has no power of self-motion.
- Immediately after the cessation of motion stimulation, the observer reports self-motion in the same direction as the previous section.
- Example sentences
- An automata is a self-moving machine, and so is a computer.
- He also addressed the Hobbesian argument that, since thought is a mode of matter and matter has no self-moving power, there cannot be any freedom of the will.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia