Definition of self-opinionated in English:
Having an arrogantly high regard for oneself or one’s own opinions: a pompous, self-opinionated bully
More example sentences
- The man is ambitious, arrogant, self-opinionated, and has a blinkered vision that he alone is right, and that everyone else is wrong.
- There was a Union Deputy Minister who was rather self-opinionated and was also a bully.
- It's bad enough having to put up with all the self-opinionated, right-wing, boringly predictable columnists in the Murdoch press.
- Example sentences
- French hypocrisy and their inflated self-opinion is nothing new to most people, especially their neighbours.
- The treasured ideas of self-importance and self-opinion, of ideal birth and quality, had become more precious to him (like the hoard to the miser), because he could only enjoy them in secret.
- Finally, participants are asked to divide a circle into pieces, such that the size of each piece reflects the extent to which the respondent's self-opinion is based on each chosen attribute.
Definition of self-opinionated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia