- Protection of oneself or itself.More example sentences
- It is here that government is most likely to be acting on the basis of illegitimate considerations such as self-protection, or protection of powerful private groups.
- Its message is not only protection of kin but self-protection.
- I believe that we have an inner sense of self-protection and a fierce protectiveness for our children.
- More example sentences
- Although even earlier thinkers such as Hume, Gibbon, and Voltaire (to name the most notable) had attacked Christianity and superstition, they usually did so under the cover of self-protective irony.
- How could they participate in an effort that could defend their values, advocate more opening, more understanding, a better and wider vision of the world, and counteract the ongoing self-protective and reactionary state of minds?
- He was also a self-protective bachelor who fell in love and got married in his 40s, but that comes in the next volume of letters.
More definitions of self-protectionDefinition of self-protection in:
- The British & World English dictionary