Definition of self-seeking in English:
Another term for self-serving.
- This is indeed regrettable, because politicians who act only in their own partisan, self-seeking interest are doing nothing other than letting their country down.
- Rather, it creates an institutional framework in which, to get ahead in their economic engagements, even people who grow up entirely self-seeking and anti-social must attend to the general social good and the well-being of others.
- Zambians should be commended for ignoring the flopped demonstration organised by frustrated and self-seeking politicians who were hoping to gunner some political capital out of the ill-conceived exercise.
- Example sentences
- As a result, it has become the exclusive preserve of the dishonest, criminals and self-seekers.
- At the same time, he defends the reputation of the majority of MPs and shows they are far from being self-seekers.
- If the government were made up entirely of that coarse element - the violators, self-seekers, and flatterers - who form its core, it could not continue to exist.
Words that rhyme with self-seekingunspeaking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan