Definition of self-seeking in English:
Another term for self-serving.
- This is indeed regrettable, because politicians who act only in their own partisan, self-seeking interest are doing nothing other than letting their country down.
- Rather, it creates an institutional framework in which, to get ahead in their economic engagements, even people who grow up entirely self-seeking and anti-social must attend to the general social good and the well-being of others.
- Zambians should be commended for ignoring the flopped demonstration organised by frustrated and self-seeking politicians who were hoping to gunner some political capital out of the ill-conceived exercise.
- Example sentences
- As a result, it has become the exclusive preserve of the dishonest, criminals and self-seekers.
- At the same time, he defends the reputation of the majority of MPs and shows they are far from being self-seekers.
- If the government were made up entirely of that coarse element - the violators, self-seekers, and flatterers - who form its core, it could not continue to exist.
Words that rhyme with self-seekingunspeaking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.