Definition of self-selection in English:
The action of putting oneself forward for something.
- We offer self-selection as the likely culprit.
- Your methodology should have taken self-selection into consideration.
- In particular, we estimate the effect of herbicide-tolerant soybeans on herbicide use, crop yields, and farm profits using an econometric model that corrects for self-selection and simultaneity.
- Example sentences
- The answer is here, though some of us ‘in the business’ might get a little bit sniffy at the idea of a human sample group that is not only partly self-selecting, but includes people who've paid to be experimental subjects.
- Wouldn't you rather have a self-selecting bunch of music industry ‘experts’ censor your music for you rather than have the government do it?
- For all our programs, rhetoric and efforts, the university crowd is still a pretty self-selecting one.
Definition of self-selection in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan