The action of putting oneself forward for something.
- We offer self-selection as the likely culprit.
- Your methodology should have taken self-selection into consideration.
- In particular, we estimate the effect of herbicide-tolerant soybeans on herbicide use, crop yields, and farm profits using an econometric model that corrects for self-selection and simultaneity.
- Example sentences
- The answer is here, though some of us ‘in the business’ might get a little bit sniffy at the idea of a human sample group that is not only partly self-selecting, but includes people who've paid to be experimental subjects.
- Wouldn't you rather have a self-selecting bunch of music industry ‘experts’ censor your music for you rather than have the government do it?
- For all our programs, rhetoric and efforts, the university crowd is still a pretty self-selecting one.
Definition of self-selection in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.