Half of a cylinder cut longitudinally.
More example sentences
- The physical dimensions of a semi-cylinder are defined by the cylinder radius, cylinder length and cylinder angle.
- How can I judge whether two semi-cylinder faces belong to one cylinder face?
- More example sentences
- The semi-cylindrical tubes were 1.2-m long, made of 1-cm welded wire mesh (hardware cloth), and closed at one end.
- By slipping some beer-can shims between the hinged top piece and the two knurled semi-cylindrical clamshell halves it clamps over, the slippage, as well as an annoying creaking sound, disappeared.
- To avoid wind damage, plants were grown in a semi-cylindrical house covered with cheesecloth throughout the experimental period.
Pronunciation: /ˌsemēˌsəˈlindrikəl, ˌsemˌī-/adjective