Definition of semisweet in English:
1(Of food) slightly sweetened, but less so than normal: semisweet chocolates
More example sentences
- The pot de creme au chocolat was an excellent semi-sweet pudding accompanied by ginger biscuits.
- When she ran out of baking chocolate, she broke a bar of semi-sweet chocolate into little pieces and added them to the dough.
- It is delightful with chocolate cake and semi-sweet chocolate desserts and candies.
1.1(Of wine) neither dry nor sweet; slightly sweeter than medium dry.
- I'd ordered a glass of semi-sweet house wine that was undrinkable.
- Most Champagnes tend towards a dry, elegant style, but many other sparkling wines (such as Asti-Spumanti for example) are lighter in alcohol and sweet, or semi-sweet.
- They come in shades of gold, amber and ruby, according to the mix of grapes, and are sweet, semi-sweet and dry.