Definition of sempiternal in English:
Eternal and unchanging; everlasting: his writings have the sempiternal youth of poetry
More example sentences
- I get the Bishop Berkeley idea that things only exist when God thinks about them; that God is not sempiternal but only exists when some people think about him is bizarre.
- He knew they constituted the unbreakable and sempiternal circle.
- There is throughout more than a hint of the Joycean conceit that this process is giratory and sempiternal, even though its temporal vector may be historically irreversible.
- Example sentences
- It's indescribably powerful, immeasurably beautiful and sempiternally bleak.
- And the danger is perhaps at its most crucial among the esotericists in that what most see as ‘the real’ is sempiternally displaced on to the symbolic thus running the risk of draining ‘the real’ of its power.
Definition of sempiternal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India