A member of a senate.
More example sentences
- By contrast, the legitimacy of Congressmen, senators, and the president lies solely in their election.
- The class systems from highest to lowest were the senators, councilmen and their families.
- Both Republican and Democratic senators said they would raise the issue.
- More example sentences
- Delegation was essential in so unwieldy an entity, and, like his predecessors, Augustus appointed senatorial legates and equestrian prefects to serve his imperium.
- Foreign policy was a senatorial matter and not subject, with some famous exceptions, to popular control.
- But much of the inner unrest of the fifth century was also due to the attempts by senatorial aristocrats to expand their power.
Definition of senator in:
- The British & World English dictionary