Definition of senator in English:
A member of a senate.
- By contrast, the legitimacy of Congressmen, senators, and the president lies solely in their election.
- The class systems from highest to lowest were the senators, councilmen and their families.
- Both Republican and Democratic senators said they would raise the issue.
- Example sentences
- Delegation was essential in so unwieldy an entity, and, like his predecessors, Augustus appointed senatorial legates and equestrian prefects to serve his imperium.
- Foreign policy was a senatorial matter and not subject, with some famous exceptions, to popular control.
- But much of the inner unrest of the fifth century was also due to the attempts by senatorial aristocrats to expand their power.
Words that rhyme with senatorprimogenitor, progenitor
Definition of senator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan